Apple IIe Card for the Macintosh
Choosing the Macintosh LC475
- The Apple IIe card requires a Macintosh with a PDS slot and support 24-bit memory addressing.
(From System 7.6 onwards, Macintosh system software does not support 24-bit addressing.)
The latest version of MacOS that can be used, which supports 24-bit addressing and the Apple IIe card, is System 7.5.5.
- To enable 24-bit addressing on supported systems, use the Macintosh Memory control panel.
- 24-bit addressing will only allow a maximum of 8mb of RAM.
Apple IIe card supported Macs by CPU speed
- The Apple IIe card is a PDS card.
- The Apple IIe card will work with any system that supports a PDS slot and 24-bit addressing.
|68030||16 MHz||16-bit||LC II, Color Classic, Performa 250/400/405/410/430|
|68030||25 MHz||32-bit||LC III, Performa 450/520|
|68030||33 MHz||32-bit||LC III+, Performa 275/46x/550, Color Classic II|
|68040||25 MHz||32-bit||LC 475, Performa 47x, Quadra 605|
|68040||33 MHz||32-bit||LC 575, Performa 57x|
Setup a Macintosh LC475 with Apple IIe for Macintosh Card
- The Apple IIe installer requires a floppy disk as the installation source.
- The Apple IIe installer is not required as it is just moving the files in to place.
- If you do not have a floppy, or do not want to use a floppy, just drag the appropriate files to the appropriate targets.
Apple IIe 2.2.2d1
- The Apple IIe software 2.2.1 installer is available from the Asimov archive along with the 2.2.2d1 patch
I have bundled the Apple IIe software, pre-patched with version 2.2.2d1
- Download the disk image with Apple IIe 2.2.2d1: AppleIIe.dsk
- Download Stuffit Archive (sit) with Apple IIe 2.2.2d1 on it: AppleIIe.sit
Apple IIe startup 2.2.2d1, PRODOS, and Basic.System
- Apple IIe Startup must be able to find PRODOS and Basic.system
- PRODOS and Basic.system must be in the same folder as Apple IIe Startup
Copy the Apple ProDOS filesystem extension to the extensions folder
Place the ProDOS File System support file in to the Extenions System Folder.
Partition the startup disk (disk 0) with a 10mb ProDOS filesystem.
Copy PRODOS and Basic.System in to the ProDOS filesystem.
- Any Apple IIe program on the ProDOS filesystem can be launched by double-clicking it.